Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Preperation for Hijack logs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

buknekkid407

buknekkid407

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Im trying to clean up my computer following the guide so i can post a hijack log but when i go to use winsockfix, i try to save the files for backup in case anythign screw up, but it wont let me save the files it says theres an error saving all the files. I dont like the to9ught of running a program without backing up my system first. Should i be worried about it and try to fix the problem so i can backup or is it safe enough that i can just run it anyway?
Thanks

Advertisements

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
That is a good question, Hijack This is nothing to fear as it only scans your computer and experts look at it and help you clean it up. It is safe to run without backing up. Make sure you post in the maleware forum, I hope this answered your question. Have a great day.

~Burton

Edited by Burton1, 10 February 2006 - 05:56 PM.

buknekkid407

buknekkid407

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Sorry i wasnt more clear. I was talking about the winsock fix program that they say to run before you post a log. Sorry if i was unclear bu tthanks for trying :tazz:

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
The winsock fix is used for fixing a net connection.

If your computer is connecting to the net just fine then you probably don't need this fix.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
You dont need that. Please post any questions about malware removal in the malware removal forum, thats what it is there for.

ScHwErV :tazz: