Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Sony DRU-810A Doesn't See Any Discs

• Please log in to reply

spirittoo

spirittoo

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi I'm new to the fourm ....

I just got this Sony DRU-810A DVD burner today. I already have the Sony DRU-800A burner and that one was plug and play. It is the reason I got this other sony.

I am running W2K. I checked for all updates including Direct X 9c. I checked to see if there is a DMA mode for the burners but there is nothing in the properties.

I tried switching the settings, making one the master drive and the other the slave, then vice versa. I tried cable select on both no good. Cable select on the other still nothing.

The device manager states the device is working properly. I tried to uninstall the drive then reboot, but still it will not see any disc.

I updated the firmware from 1a to 1d.

There is a drive test at Sony's site but they say not to use it unless tech support tell you to use it. Anyone know why?

Here is the drive diagnostic site

When the computer boots up it sees the drive. I see the light blinking.

I've done all I can think to do to get this to see disc. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Thank you for your time.

Advertisements

spirittoo

spirittoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I went to the link I posted and ran the test. Never made it pass start ...

You are suppose to insert a blank disc to run the test, when I do I get this message ....

"Please verify that you have a blank disc in the "Sony DVD RW DRU-810A(1d)" drive, then re-run the test by selecting "<Back".

Looks like it's no good.

spirittoo

spirittoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Anyone ever to business with newegg? That's where I got this drive. The site state it is a manufacture warranty only.

Does that mean I can't get a refund for a defective unit? :tazz: