Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Olympic Events

• Please log in to reply

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hey everyone! Figured I'd start a thread about what everyone's favorite Olympic even is since the Olympics start today. I have to say my favorite events are bobsled and luge. I heard that some go down luge headfirst, which is called skeleton. Crazy son-of-a-guns to go down headfirst, that's just plain crazy!

Fenor

Advertisements

Maiestas

Maiestas

eh...

• Retired Staff
  • 1,481 posts
Glad you started this thread …

Hockey!!, Figure Skating, Short Track & Speed Skating... basically the four main ice stuff I adore :)

The Olympics just started today and we have two controversies already … ahhh absolutely love the Olympics :tazz:

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Yeah speed-skating is sweet as well, especially short track. One thing I would like to add though, is that since there are people from different parts of the world that read this that, that people refrain from saying anything about what has happened in any events because some countries know the results 12 hrs before people in other parts do. Like the opening ceremony is just being shown here in the U.S.

Thanks,

Fenor

Maiestas

Maiestas

eh...

• Retired Staff
  • 1,481 posts
Opening ceremony is being shown here right now too :tazz:
If there are folks that follow the above sports heavily then nothing is spoiled ... thats why I never elaborated ...
But you're right, details and such should be kept to a minimum ...

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Speed skating is good, bobsled and the downhill skiing(weve got a good team so im hoping for a medal for GB), gonna follow the curling as the team is all Scottish and is also standing a good chance fo a medal). And other than that ill be watching whatever is on when i get the time for television. Should be a good games, Olympics are great.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Hockey.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ach real hockeys played on grass, none o this ice nonsense.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Ach real hockeys played on grass, none o this ice nonsense.

Tell that to the Canadians and Russians! :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They are just crazy folks anyway, and the russians seem to play every sport these days for the sake of it, you guys had the downhill sking yet, what a result, that guy as a right jammy bugger to pull that off.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
curling is the only event that i watch in the winter olympics...it's the most rediculous thing i've ever seen...yet...you can't NOT watch it...it's awesome...read an article about all the crazy scientific stuff they used to prepare for this year (when i say THEY i mean a specific team..but i can't remember which)...all kinds of electronic brooms and stones and shoes and stuff....really crazy

Advertisements

Darryl

Darryl

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Being Canadian, probably hockey. Although bobsled and a few others are cool.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Lol, i plan on watching some of the curling as Britain are tipped to win, and its an all scottish team as well.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
scott do you know what day and time it's supposed to be on?

Maiestas

Maiestas

eh...

• Retired Staff
  • 1,481 posts
4 games right now playing

Timetable for curling:

http://www.torino200...IDF/CU/X05.html

Edited by Leena, 13 February 2006 - 12:27 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah it started today it was on when i came in from uni at about 3 oclock here, was pretty ok nil nil GB v denmark when i left it.