Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

JVC mini DV not transfering video

• Please log in to reply

Vic78

Vic78

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Howdy,

Got a new desktop in Nov, I was able to connect through my firewire port and transfer the video on my old computer. The new computer however is not transfering anything. I have control of the camera from my computer of FF Playing and RW but it is a blank screen on my computer and nothing will transfer. I've contacted JVC and after a few generic responces from them and a "If you have control but no picture then something must be wrong with your computer and we are not going to help." I've seen others with similar problems and they were abe to get theirs to run by trying to time booting windows and having their camera on at the same time and what not, but Id like a permanant fix to my problem.

Im running Win XP home SP2.
Camera is a JVC Mini DV GR-D33U
Ideas? Thanks.

Edited by Vic78, 11 February 2006 - 12:40 AM.

Advertisements