Create Account Login to Account

How to remove Norton?

• Please log in to reply

chuckycheese

chuckycheese

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

My college is offering a free copy of Norton Antivirus version 10 that I would like to install on my PC. However, I have an old copy of Norton occupying the PC that I cannot uninstall. This Norton program is not listed in the Windows Add/Remove Programs system folder for some reason. The subscription to the old Norton program expired and I've been getting the annoying Security Alert everytime I log on. I cannot get rid of this notice, it just pops back up mere seconds later if I close it.

The new Norton cannot be installed because the aforementioned Security Alert uses files that the installation program needs to use.

Does anyone know how I can either:
1-uninstall the old version of Norton entirely, including the Security Alert, or
2-stop the Security Alert from automatically appearing? I've unclicked every possible type of automatic notification option I can find in Norton and Windows, but the dang alert still pops up?

Thank you.

Advertisement

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Here you go, this should do the trick

Uninstall Nortons

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Often, you can get away with installing Norton over top of itself. Go offline and give it a shot.

Johanna

chuckycheese

chuckycheese

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Here you go, this should do the trick

Uninstall Nortons

It worked. Thanks!

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts