Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

resizing pictures

• Please log in to reply

kayona

kayona

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hope this is the right forum. I am posting pictures on ebay of small cross stitches i have done. When i scan the item i get a large picture on my scanner page, ebays are 400 pixels. Anyway I get the scanned image and adjust color etc and resize it to 400 pixels and save it to my documents but when I post it on ebay its just not as detailed as I would like, I've seen some peoples pictures that you can see every individual stitch. I have dell picture studio but find it kind of difficult to use and downloaded picasa2 and find it easier to edit my pictures. Is there a SIMPLE, way to make my pictures that are 400 pixels clearer? when I sharpen them sometimes they look too sharp. I need step by step intructions please, you guys always seem to help. Thanks Kayona

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
any idea of the resolution and the quality of which you are scanning the pictures?

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
You can download this powertoy Image Resizer from Microsoft. Download and install, after you are done just right-click on the image and click resize picture. Click the Custom button, and adjust it to the size needed. Hope that this helps.

kayona

kayona

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Ok, now you are really going to know how little I know about this. How do I know what the quality and resolution is of the item I'm scanning? Something somewhere will tell me this? Sorry, Kayona

kayona

kayona

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I downloaded image resizer and but cant seem to open, saved it and tried and the instal wizard keeps coming on and telling me the program exists. I uninstalled it and tried again same thing. is there another one I could try to download, sigh. Kayona

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Im so sorry for given you that link. I thought that you had Windows XP installed. That powertoy is only for XP, agian sorry for the mix up. I dont know of any programs that can do this for Windows ME. I will look for one and will post back if any are found.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
I found one:

http://www.tucows.co...iew/300445.html

I have never used this but its free and from looking at the screen shot, its interface looks clean and easy to use. Hope that this helps.

kayona

kayona

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I do have xp. Can I still try the other?

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
When you right-click on a picture do you have the Resize Picture option???