Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD writing options

• Please log in to reply

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Yesterday i went to write something to a CD-RW, with some files already on, using windows but for some reason all of the writing options from the left had dissapeared. I went into the files and right clicked them and went to send to, this really slowed my computer down and took ages to open, but the CD-Writing drive wasn't there. I have not changed any settings at all but the writing features in windows have gone. Also if i go into windows and click the drive when there is a blank CD inserted it says 'G:\ is not accessible incorrect function. I can still write to cd using Nero 7 but this is slow and takes longer than windows does. Please could someone help me, any help would be appreciated.
[attachment=6487:attachment]

Advertisements

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Windows' buit in CD burning is known to be buggy and spotty at best.

I recommend not using it. If you have Nero, I by far recommend you use that instead. I use nero for all my CD burning needs, and have disabled the built-in burning.

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
ok thankyou, but is it possible to get these options back because when erasing the disk through nero it takes 9minutes and with windows it takes 1minute or less

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Just tell nero to do a quick erase.

It's not necessary to entirely wipe the data off the disc, scince it'll just be able to burn over already-present data without any problems

the quick erase takes less than 30 seconds, and I suspect that's what windows does too.

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
so using the quick erase brings back all of my 700MB like through windows

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
yeah. the CD will appear empty, while physically it really isnt, but that doesnt matter.

Nero and windows will see the CD and use it as if it is empty.