Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel desktop utilities with Intel Active Monitor fail to run/execute.

• Please log in to reply

howell414

howell414

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello you guys!!! Im kind of new to this computer stuff, so I dont have much background.

Im having this problem about one of my desktop programs. It all started after i installed Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 and ATI's Catalyst Control Center 6.1 . After installing both programs, Intel Desktop Uitilities w/ Active Monitor won't or fail to launch.

Then I get this message: " Tray program for Intel Desktop Utilities has encountered a problem
and needs to close."

I then viewed the error report which looked like this:

Data Error Report: Error Signature

AppName: iptray.exe AppVer: 2.0.8.35 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 OFFset: 0001eb33

I also went to Intel's website to find out more about their Desktop Utilities and Active Monitor
Ver. 2.0.8.43, and I found out that it has got compatiblity issues and may fail if run simultaneously
with other monitoring software that uses the same resources, the monitoring ASIC chip and the
SMBus driver.

Is it the ATI Catalyst Control Center thats causing Active monitor to fail?

Should I uninstall ATI Catalyst Control Center then?

Is there a possibility that I can use both ATI Catalyst Control center and Intel Desktop
Utilities without the other failing?

I tried uninstalling Desktop Utilities and installing it several times, no luck!

I live in the tropics and so it really gets hot around here, this really concerns me!
Do I really need to run Intel Desktop Utilities with Active Monitor on an Intel board?
(currently Im using their D915GAG mobo)

I sometimes play games like Call of Duty and Need for Speed 2 for 5-7 hours straight
and I really need to monitor the cpu temp.

Currently Im using:
Windows XP Pro ver 2002 Sp2
P4 3.0 Ghz 800 Mhz FSB
Intel D915GAG motherboard
512 DDR
80Gb HDD
Radeon X550

I would really appreciate it if you guys can give me some advise on this. Many thanks!!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what version of the Intel Desktop Utilities with Active Monitor are you using? Did you download and update to the most recent one?

After loading the dot.net framework along with the catalyst driver, did you check Windows update for the dot.net update?

howell414

howell414

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
okay, so I went Microsoft's site and searched for updates to Windows dot.net. im really confused because I dont know which update to download. I see MIcrosoft .NET Framework 2.0, .NET Framework 1.1 service pack 1. Im stumped which update is the right one. you'll have to excuse me, Im really new to this stuff. thanks in advance Gerry!!! :tazz:

howell414

howell414

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
yep, found latest version to Intel Active Monitor on their site. will try this one. Ill get back to you and see what happens. :tazz:

howell414

howell414

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Probelm is solved!!! I downloaded the latest version of Intel Desktop Utilities just as you said. Then went to administratives tools, services to activate the Intel service. And it worked!!! Thanks to all you guys there in geekstogo.com especially to gerryf without which I wouldnt have any clue how to get it running again.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
:tazz:

glad to hear it! sorry I lost track of the thread but it looks like you made out ok