Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

sound problem

• Please log in to reply

jimbo_sk8er

jimbo_sk8er

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i installed windows xp onto my computer and now it says that theres no audio device and no mic either. i dont knnow whats wrong, can u help me?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and install Everest Home Edition

Run the programme, click + next to computer then summary

Look on right for multimedia / audio adapter

Look at the manufacturer’s site for the suitable drivers for your Operating System

If you are unable to find them, please post the make and model here before you download anything

Please set a system restore point before you install anything

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Can you give us a bit more information in terms of your PC's specs? Also...Check the cables because honestly, half the time something goes wrong with my sound i s because of the cables....After you reboot it and it doesn't seem to relieve the problem, then come back and we'll re-evaulate the situation.

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Please follow these instructions.

start/
control panel/
system/
Hardware tab/
Device manager button/

Make a note of any yellow ! or ? you see and post them here.

Then download Everest Home edition run a scan and attach the log to your next post

Everest

Once you have it running, click on REPORT and the Report Wizard should run. When you come to the REPORT PROFILES page of the wizard, make sure you have radio button next to System Summary Only selected. Then click NEXT, you can leave HTML selected and click FINISH. The report will then be generated and a new window will appear. In this new window that appears, click SAVE TO FILE and save the report as REPORT.HTM somewhere on your computer where you will remember its location. Please attach this file to your reply.

Now remember to ADD THE FILE AS AN ATTACHMENT and not just copy/paste it in your next reply

**Edit**

hahahhahahhaa looks like we all jumped on this one :tazz:

Edited by DeSade, 11 February 2006 - 06:33 AM.