Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NETGEAR WGR614 V6 Trouble..

• Please log in to reply

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I have a Netgear WGR614 V6 and it's superb....But!

I am having trouble accessing connection to some games such as Warcraft 3's B.net and such. It's the router because when I go direct-connect ((connecting the ethernet cable directly into the PC.)) it works like a charm. Now...I'm awfully anxious to find out how I plan to get past this upset. I have tried Portforward.com but it was no help to me and I fear my BF2 games getting caught in that mess....I'd appericate any feedback.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi FourthMarineDiv,
What steps did you follow at PortForward.com? This really should have cleared up your problem, if you followed all of the instructions properly.

-Dan

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I followed everything to a tee but it seems that the PortForward.com's NetGear is out of date. so I understand how to resolve the problem.

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
How many computer's are on your network? Are you all using DHCP or Static IP's? When you login to your router's web console, is WarcraftIII listed under Port Forwarding, with the appropriate ports (6112-6119)?

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I have three other computers in my network and I believe they are set on Dynamic IPs, I followed PortForward's instructions to the tee...The only issue I have is with the IP of the program itself. It requires a number in the lat IP number....I.E. 192.168.0.?

Service Name WarcraftIII1

Service Type TCP/UDP

Starting Port (1~65534) 6112

Ending Port (1~65534) 6119

Server IP Address . . . 192.168.0.?

kate22in

kate22in

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
server ip address is the ip address of the computer in which you are trying to play the game

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I thought of that but it says the Router IP is not usable....Let me try one more time...I think I know what you mean.

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Server IP address must be a LAN IP address...How do I find one?

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Goto Start --> Run --> type CMD and press OK --> then type: IPCONFIG /ALL --> look for your IP Address -- that is what you need to enter.