Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Music Downloads

• Please log in to reply

stuckinfourth

stuckinfourth

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey people.

I don't ever download music off the internet because p2p networks screwed things up on my old computer. I was just wondering if any of you download music off the net and if so what programs or sites do you use? Is there any safe way of doing it for free? Or should I just stick to buying cds?

-Mia

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
We do not advocate or allow discussion of downloading music for free. There is no legal way to do so. Instead, you should use a pay service such as Napster, Walmart.com music, iPod, etc and so on. I know our members and staff can give you a much more comprehensive list.

Warning: There is NO discussion of p2p type programs allowed at GeeksToGo. If anyone posts such advice or links, they will be immediately removed, and I will close this thread. Thanks for your cooperation. :tazz:

venom?

venom?

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
yea.. i used to use limewire but once i found out i was breaking the law i deleted everything off my PC and uninstalled.. i now use itunes and even tho u hav 2 pay its much betr quality music

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well you can get free music, alot of smaller rock bands do it, a good example is the arctic monekys they just had the biggest selling album since the beetles and they offerec all there songe for free over the internet for years before that.