Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Some Small Questions

• Please log in to reply

JayBern

JayBern

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Hi all,

Ok. Whenever I open a txt file. I have to double click the top bar to maximize it. And it becomes very irritating when it have to always do that when I open it. Is there a way to make is so that whenever I open a txt file, it automatically opens up to a maximized window?

Also, whenever I drag files from the desktop into 'My Documents', it doesn't move the whole thing into it, it just copies and paste it into 'My Documents'. After doing that, I'll have two copies of that file on my system. How do I set it so that whenever I drag files onto a folder, it'll be moving it into the folder instead of copying it.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jay

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
When you open your program for .txt files, make it full screen and restart the program. This works with almost every windows program.

Edited by emery, 12 February 2006 - 01:43 AM.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Wuz up beanie, ok goto explorer, then

> Tools
> Folder Options...
> View

Then select "Remember each folder's view settings"

Ok, now open a ".txt" file and instead of pressing the maximize button, make the window bigger manually, by draggin the window to make it bigger (let me know if you understand what I'm saying on how to maximize) the press the close button, try open other ".txt" they should now be open like its maximized. I'll get back to you on that "copy of file" thing.

Let me know if my solution worked

Cool :tazz:

JayBern

JayBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

When you open your program for .txt files, make it full screen and restart the program. This works with almost every windows program.

Did that long time before I even post on this forum. =)

Wuz up beanie, ok goto explorer, then

> Tools
> Folder Options...
> View

Then select "Remember each folder's view settings"

Ok, now open a ".txt" file and instead of pressing the maximize button, make the window bigger manually, by draggin the window to make it bigger (let me know if you understand what I'm saying on how to maximize) the press the close button, try open other ".txt" they should now be open like its maximized. I'll get back to you on that "copy of file" thing.

Let me know if my solution worked

Cool :tazz:

Alrighty, the settings are already set to what you said. And yes I understand what you mean. And it works, it had been working this way all along. Is there any other way to have it like exactly maximized? Because my format cocks up when it isn't maximized. lol.

Regards,
Jay

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Here is my notepad, i just did a few modifications, extract the files into "C:\windows", first go into "C:\windows\" and rename "Notepad" to "Notepadold". Then extract the files.

This notepad should not mess up the format of your letter, or what ever you are trying to do, it is the same as if you had to maximize notepad.

http://www.geocities...inc/notepad.zip

Let me know if this works. :tazz:

Edit: Also rename the notepad in "system32" to "notepadold" and extract the files there too.

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 12 February 2006 - 03:19 AM.