Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New hardware found!

• Please log in to reply

help meee

help meee

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I just bought a sony ericsson W800i (very nice phone) :tazz:
i have this cd with drivers for my usb stick and programs for the pc and stuff well now problem there but...
i [bleep]ed it up first time with the usb guide that pops up "New hardware found" guide...
i dident get it installed so now the new hardware found guide wont pop up again...
i dont care if it pops up i just wanna open it so it can install my 5 drivers for my phone.... help plz?

Advertisements

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Check the disc for a setup program

help meee

help meee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
i did there isent any... only for the programs thats needed but not the drivers no install program i need that guide to pop up :S

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Go here

start/
control panel/
system/
hardware tab/
device manager button/

list for me any yellow ! and ?

help meee

help meee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
oooh i see :)
well its starting to install the driver again but now i can see what i did wrong when it want to install this driver it says i need to shut down the insallation because it havent passed some test? last time i shutted down, should i just say contunie anyway?

(my pc is on danish, trying to tell in english but might not be 100% correct :tazz: )

EDIT: it tells me something about i need to use an hardware with the designed for microsoft windows xp logo on it... or it might not work correctly?

Edited by help meee, 12 February 2006 - 03:52 AM.

help meee

help meee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
and the yellow ! and ? there where only 1 ! and thats the one im trying to install now...

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Well you have skipped on a bit however that is where I was heading.

The test will be the microsoft certification test, ignore it and carry on with installation.

help meee

help meee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
KK thanks problem solved! :tazz:

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Your welcome. :tazz: