Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Prosesers

• Please log in to reply

cainmolloy

cainmolloy

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
HI if I have 50 processors in start up can I reduce the amount :tazz: like i have 3 googles
also I would like to reinstall Gigabyte motherbord fan monitor but I'm unsure what excact modle motherbord I have can I somehow look this up that all.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

I assume you mean processes, right?

Click on Start->Run.. and type msconfig <OK>
Click on the startup tab & let me what you have listed in there. I don't need the full path name, just the names in the left hand column.

As for finding out the model of your motherboard, download Everest from this link :
http://majorgeeks.co...tion_d4181.html

It should be able to give you all the info you require about your system

cainmolloy

cainmolloy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
SiSUSBrg
keyhook
Dragdiag
juched
ngserver
avgcc
avgemc
gcasServ
RunDll32 cmicnfig
realsched
NCLConf
SOUNDMAN
qttask
WINDOWS CLEAN
Adblocker
winampa
Incd
itunesHelper
ctfmon
msmsgs
GoogleDesktop
NeroMediaHome
nbj
RegistryRepairpro
Adobe Gamma loader
Adobe reader spc
pc suite for nokia

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

I've listed the processes that are safe to disable if you wish. I suggest you disable them by going to Start-Run & typing msconfig Click on the Startup tab to see the list of startup applications. Clear the checkboxes to disable them from starting up. If you notice that any of them seem to put themselves back into the startup list after a couple of reboots, then disable the actual process from the process list by changing the startup type from Automatic to manual.

juched - Java automatic updates. Can be disabled by going to control panel->Java->updates tab. Clear the 'check for updates automatically' option

RunDll32 cmicnfig - system tray icon for c-media sound cards. Can be disabled depending on whether you use it or not.

realsched - automatic updater for Realplayer. Can disable & run manually if required.

NCLConf & pc suite for nokia- nokia connection manager & PC suite. Can disable, depends on how often you use it.

qttask - Quicktime. Disable & start manually when needed

WINDOWS CLEAN - personally I would run this manually but up to you

winampa - winamp. Can be disabled & started manually

itunesHelper - Disable & start manually if you wish

msmsgs - MSN Messenger. Can disable & start manually

GoogleDesktop - search utility (email). Can disable & start manually

NeroMediaHome - Can disable & start manually

RegistryRepairpro - Can disable & run manually

Adobe reader spc ?? I don't know what the 'spc' is for but probably safe to disable