Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF2 Questions...

• Please log in to reply

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I'm wondering if this is capable of running BF2 on atleast Low and hopefully Medium without hiccups?

Here is the specs and name...

3D Fuzion Geforce FX5500 3DFR55256P Video Card

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814143032

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Whats the rest of your specs, itll play it on a half decent pc with that card(although not phenomenally). And i cant say it wont have hiccups, but i wouldnt go out and buy a new card specifically for BF2 it wasnt that great mildly dissapointing i would say.

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Here's the rest of my specs, Dell Demenison 3100....2.80 GHz w/HT, 512MB of DDR RAM....Not much else I can say. I keep my system extremely clean and I defrag almost every other day...So can it work atleas on Medium?

Darryl

Darryl

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Processor is fine, I beleive the recommended is 2.5Ghz. The ram is lacking, adding another 512mb would help greatly. The gfx card isn't bad. It should run ok with that card and another 512mb of ram.

Edited by Darryl, 13 February 2006 - 04:22 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Reccomended is enough to run low at best medium, you should get up to medium ok maybe with the FX5500 had a friend with one and he couldnt do much better than that and his system was better than that. But like i said not worht spending it to play that one game it kinda sucked a bit, i would rather save my money a bit and get a PCI-e mobo, as if your stuck with PCI thats a huge disadvantage that card wont work at its full potential on a pci.

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Another issue is Power Supply...How the [bleep] do I find it out much less figure out wheter or not the card will work with tha system?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You look at the PSU label.

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Input voltage: 100 to 120V at 47 to 63 Hz; or 200 to 240 V at 47 to 63 Hz

Output wattage: 250 Watts maximum continuous

Output voltage: 3.3V, 5V, and 12V

Heat dissipation: 853 BTU/hour (fully loaded computer without monitor)

Power management: APM

Backup battery: 3.0 V CR2032 coin cell

Think it'll work?