Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU

• Please log in to reply

andrewsexton

andrewsexton

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi all,

I left a message yesterday about my graphics card regarding when playing games it flickers allot. I dont think it it he graphics card because the graphics are fine in windows xp. I have now changed the fan on the cpu took the soundcard out and fireware card out. The games are still flickering. I presume it can only be the CPU? I took a look at it and it was very hot even with a new fan and this computer is probaly around 4 years old. Does anyone think it could be the CPU? Ow and I updated all the drivers for motherboard, sound and graphics.

Thanks

Andrew

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi andrewsexton!

What graphics card do you have? If it's onboard video, then you won't be able to play any graphically intensive games with it. If you do have a video card, make sure it is directx 9.0c compatible, if it isn't you will have troubles playing the game.

Also, what is the speed of your computer and how much memory do you have?

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 12 February 2006 - 11:12 AM.