Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows update

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello i'm just wondering, has anyone had any high priority updates latelty? Meaning within the last month and a hlaf on windows update for XP.
thanx
James

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Microsoft release them monthly on the second Tuesday of every month and have done for the best part of the last year or so.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
well then i think i have a problem because no updates have been showing up for my computer nor can i download the optional ones. Any clue y?
thanx
James

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
As Neil said Tuesday. How long have you not been able to get updates?

On 14 February 2006 Microsoft is planning to release:

Security Updates

. One Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Windows
Media Player. The highest Maximum Severity rating for this is Critical. These updates will not require a restart. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and the Enterprise Scanning Tool.

. Four Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Windows.
The highest Maximum Severity rating for these is Critical. Some of these updates will require a restart. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer.

. One Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Windows
and Microsoft Office. The highest Maximum Severity rating for these is Important. These updates will require a restart. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer.

. One Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Office.
The highest Maximum Severity rating for this is Important. These updates may require a restart. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer.

Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

. Microsoft will release an updated version of the Microsoft
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool on Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Windows Server Update Services and the Download Center.
Note that this tool will NOT be distributed using Software Update Services (SUS).

Non-security High Priority updates on MU, WU, WSUS and SUS

. Microsoft will not release any NON-SECURITY High-Priority
Updates for Windows on Windows Update (WU) and Software Update Services (SUS).

. Microsoft will release one NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates
on Microsoft Update (MU) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).

Although we do not anticipate any changes, the number of bulletins, products affected, restart information and severities are subject to change until released.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
i havn't been able to get any updates since i would say, middle of december sounds about right. So i really beginning to get worried, and as was posted before i remeber microsoft saying that they where giving stuff at the being of every month to detect malicous software. But i'm not getting anything the 3 that i ahve been ablew to c for some time (they are optional) i havn't been able to download them without an error.
thanx
James

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if this helps

http://www.geekstogo...ndpost&p=560857

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
i'll give it a try tomorrow, thanx for the info. Lets cross our fingers that it'll work.
James