Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty 2 will not laod or be recognised

• Please log in to reply

dell boy

dell boy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I put in call of duty 2 dvd in drive it is not recogised by my dvdrw drive.
I took it back and then got a replacement. still the same thing happens. sent that back and got a 3rd replacement and guess what. same thing happens again.
It simply will not load or is recognised as being in drive.
My dvd player works as have tried half life 2 in it and is seen fine.
I have updated the firmwear on drive but still no go.
I have a second os on pc so tried it in that but still the same
The drive is a Teac dvdrw+ dv-w58e. I downloaded patch for call of duty 2 but as game not installed it will not apply.
Has anyone any similar problems or any help?

Pc is a Dimension 8300 with fx5200 card

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello dell boy and welcome to G2G!

Where did you update the firmware from, the manufacturer of the drive or from Dell?
Have you tried using another drive?

dell boy

dell boy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Zues
I got the firmware from Dells website. there was not a firmware update for that drive on manufacturers website.
I meant to try another drive at work today but only brought in the cover and not the dvd!
That is next step tomorrow. I cannot see it being the dvd as 2 copys of it were faulty. yet cannot see it being drive but will find that out tomorrow.
Thanks Zues

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I had a LG DVD-ROM drive not read the Far Cry DVD.
I got a replacement, still wouldn't work so I tried it in another drive and it worked flawlessly.

dell boy

dell boy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi
Took dvd in to work today and was recognised first time. Some of my collegues said that for some reason this happens, they alway have a dvd rw drive installed as wel as dvd drive.
Well guess had better get another drive. This would not be covered under warranty as Dvd drive does work with other dvds, better bite the bullet then and purchase new drive