Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Virus, Safe Mode, Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply

KRL

KRL

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I got a virus from spy falcon, i believe. I've downloaded stuff like SmitRem, Ewido, etc, but it says to run in safe mode and when I hit F8 or F5 to get to safe mode after the first beep, it's as if the keyboard locks up cause the arrow keys won't highlight safe mode. So, I purchased Norton and it still was unable to repair the problem. At this point, unless I can find a way to get into safe mode, I want to just wipe out my hard drive and start over. I've tried going to Book and Nuke but everytime I try to download it, the windows media player tries to pop up but says it cannot read the file....I'm lost now....thanks.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi KRL...

Are you using a USB keyboard?

wannabe1