Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! problems...

• Please log in to reply

the lairy bay

the lairy bay

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey there, I've got a major problem, logged on and all the programs on the desktop seem to not work, the icon is still there, but it cant seem to locate the program to load an item e.g. i want to load adware, click on it and it asks me to choose the appropriate program to load it :) its possible to load it if i find the correct program myself, but the main problem is i cant install any new software because it cant find the programs to install it! oddly alot of the items in the control panel dont work and occaisonly when it boots up it comes up with this " \windows\apppatch". managed to get a virus scan working and it doesnt find anything. can anyone help?? Im not that good with computers (as you can probably tell) :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.dougknox..../file_assoc.htm

LNK (Shortcut) File Association Fix (Restores Default Shortcut Behavior)

try this one and see if it makes a difference

the lairy bay

the lairy bay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yea Ive just tried that and it cant load that file :tazz: any other ideas?