Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ati video card problem Distorted textures...

• Please log in to reply

oddwhispers

oddwhispers

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
please someone help me i have had this powercolor ati radeon 9600xt ultra 128mb 8x agp video card for about 6 months now... this last month it has been giving me troubles. Textures are distorted especially in games the textures are stretched out and its driving me crazy. here is a screen shot of what it looks like in halo... if someone could help me that would be great i have tried new drivers, old drivers disabling stuff enabling stuff... nothing fixes it. when i put in my pci gfx card it looks fine and nothing seems wrong... also on intigrated gfx it looks fine just the gfx in games suck and i get low fps anyways if someone can help me i would greatly be thankful.

Posted Image

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

I don't know if this will help at all but the pic you posted looks fine.

Rick

oddwhispers

oddwhispers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
can't you see the streatched out crap??? the one by the gun??? the big grey thing??? the orange thingy on teh wall??? thats not all right!!!

rainmaker

rainmaker

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Have you tried updating your monitor driver? I had a similiar problem with my video card when I updated its drivers (albeit not quite as wacked as yours appears to be) where the edges of everything (icons, windows, etc) were all blurred and generally lacking definition. Updated my monitor drivers and...presto...all is good!

oddwhispers

oddwhispers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
ya tried that with all of my other video cards i have no problem but there is nothing wrong with this one it has never been OC'ed and never runs above 38c.

oddwhispers

oddwhispers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
NEED HELP even tho this summer i will probably one way or the other be forced to get a new one :tazz: "tear"