Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spec definitions

• Please log in to reply

Janis

Janis

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
I have been trying to pin down the right choice for an entry level laptop. The only choice I have made is that I will buy it from the nearest warehouse club store as it has the best extended warranty at a good price. Looking at two models one has a Intel Celeron M processor 370 but just one 1MB of L2 cache, the FSB is 400MHz. The other is a Intel Pentium M 740 with 2mb L2 cache. It has a 1.73 GHz 533MHZ FSB but I understand that the cpu drops down to under 1GHz to conserve battery power. One has DDR2 the other DDR3. Which of these specs is the most important in making a choice? Will the DDR2 be a future hindrance? Is the Celeron M a better processor given that laptop is more expensive or is there very little difference between and a Celeron M or Pentium M? IS the difference in FSB of great consequence? Does less cache denote a weakness?

Advertisements