Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 problems

• Please log in to reply

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Hey Guys, i was wondering if anyone can help me im having major problems with battlefield 2.

The game worked great for ages, not a problem, until the most recent update.

I installed the patch and it failed, i tryed again and it was fine. Then one day all my settings got wiped not sure why, but i reverted to default and it was fine. Now battlefield 2 causes Windows Stop Errors (ie the whole system dies) whenever iv been playing (roughly 15 minutes into play). So i re-installed everything, every time i do patching fails but on second run it works.

Anyone any ideas? Its definetly not hardware, every other game i have works without crashing (CS, Cossacks 2, Half Life 2, BF1942 and veitnam).

Heres some info that might help

Specs :

Athlon XP 3200+
2gb Ram (DDR 400)
256Mb Asus X850XT (not over clocked)
160Gb Sata Drive

InstallDir "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2"

Advertisements

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Hey Guys, i was wondering if anyone can help me im having major problems with battlefield 2.

The game worked great for ages, not a problem, until the most recent update.

I installed the patch and it failed, i tryed again and it was fine. Then one day all my settings got wiped not sure why, but i reverted to default and it was fine. Now battlefield 2 causes Windows Stop Errors (ie the whole system dies) whenever iv been playing (roughly 15 minutes into play). So i re-installed everything, every time i do patching fails but on second run it works.

Anyone any ideas? Its definetly not hardware, every other game i have works without crashing (CS, Cossacks 2, Half Life 2, BF1942 and veitnam).

Heres some info that might help

Specs :

Athlon XP 3200+
2gb Ram (DDR 400)
256Mb Asus X850XT (not over clocked)
160Gb Sata Drive

InstallDir "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2"

Call EA, and have your specs ready...Be sure to get real mad too.
EA doesn't respond well to kindness. Bite that Tech Support's head off and make sure it gets fixed before you threaten to sue, they get your problem fixed lickey-split because from the looks of it, it's obviously the patch but make sure that your system is free of Malware, Adware, Viruses and the like before you go tearing off EA's Tech support.