Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Urgent] VPN Site to Site Issues

• Please log in to reply

nico33304

nico33304

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I am trying to setup a VPN site to site (Home - Office) with 2 Checkpoint Router-Firewall Safe@Office 500.
The VPN Site to Site is connected and I am able to Ping the other router from the router itself, both way.

But Unfortunately, I am not able to ping the router with my computer on the other side even if there is only my laptop attached to the router. Obviously, Computers on the other side are not able to ping computers or servers. But From the router itself I am able to do it. Pretty Strange. It may be a networking or route issue as I have 2 routers at the job and If I change the default gateway of my computer at the job, I am able to ping it from the other router at my house ... but still not from the computer at my house. Hope you follow me.

The goal to setup VPN site to site is to be able to receive Phone calls with my IP Phone at my house and the server at the job. I need the computer and my IP Phone at my house on the network to be able to communicate with the IP Phone server at the job.

Here the architecture :

HOME :

My computer : 192.168.1.42 (Gateway : 192.168.1.1)
My IP Phone : 192.168.1.112
Both are connected to the Checkpoint Router-Firewall which is connected to my cable modem.
Checkpoint router Firewall private IP : 192.168.1.1
Checkpoint router Firewall public IP : 54.54.54.54 (not real for security reasons)

OFFICE :

My Computer : 192.168.0.80 (Gateway : 192.168.0.1)
My Server : 192.168.0.40 (Gateway : 192.168.0.1)
My Computer and my Server are connected to a gigabit switch.

Connected to the switch there are :

A)
Checkpoint router firwall A private IP : 192.168.0.1
Checkpoint router firwall A WAN 1 (DSL) public IP : 98.98.98.98 (not real for security reasons)
Checkpoint router firwall A WAN 2 (Satellite Backup) public IP : 80.80.80.80 (not real for security reasons)
Checkpoint router firwall A WAN 1 (DSL) connected to the DSL modem : public IP : 98.98.98.97 (not real for security reasons)
Checkpoint router firwall A WAN 2 (Satellite) connected to the Satellite modem : public IP : 80.80.80.79 (not real for security reasons)

B)
Checkpoint router firwall B private IP : 192.168.0.2
Checkpoint router firwall B WAN 1 (T1) public IP : 50.50.50.50 (not real for security reasons)
Checkpoint router firwall B WAN 1 (T1) connected to the T1 modem : public IP : 50.50.50.49 (not real for security reasons)

We want to setup Site to site VPN with the T1 connection.

Let me know if I am doing something wrong or if I have to add some routes in the router configuration.
Any help will be greatly apprciate.
We are in South Florida in Fort Lauderdale.

Thank You

Nicolas

Advertisements

internet²

internet²

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm not familiar with this particular flavor of CheckPoint system -- but, can you manage and/or view the current rules? You say that the CheckPoint devices can ping, but nothing from the other sides can ping... is that programmed into the rules?

Also, you mention that 192.168.0.x is on both ends of the VPN -- shouldn't the local end be 192.168.1.x to match your home devices?

Edited by internet², 12 February 2006 - 08:13 PM.