Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

black screen

• Please log in to reply

hawaiianblis

hawaiianblis

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just reformated my pc last week. I first got a warning about the history in my msn was corrupted when i send a messge to someone and shut the chat box down. then i left the pc on and come back in like 45 minutes...Then the screen was black and said reboot off the A drive..... i shut restore off cleaned cookies, cleaned histroy...deleted msn rebooted and then installed msn again. I use ez trust armor as my virus software, and its firwall as well. i ran ad aware and xoftspy finding nothing of importance. the computer was off. I turned it on it was on like 10 minutes the screen when to black acted like it was rebooting and then popped up the black screen and the messege again about the reboot off the A drive. Can any one help plz?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
could you list the exact error message you're getting on the "black screen"

hawaiianblis

hawaiianblis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
it was: reboot using A drive floppy .. my hard drive was dead or dying. that was the problem thanks