Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

1 set of Keyboard and Mouse for 2 PC's.... Possible?

  • Please log in to reply




  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have two PC's running completely separate from eachother... Meaning, I have 2 monitors, 2 keyboards, 2 mice, and two towers, etc...

I would like to only use ONE keyboard and mouse to control both computers... Is there some kind of adapter I can buy that will allow me to switch input from computer to computer?

P.S. I don't think a KVM adapter will work because I have two separate monitors.
  • 0





  • Technician
  • 1,645 posts
A KVM switch will work, just don't attach the monitors to it.

It is typically powered from the mouse, so as long as you have that you will be ok.
  • 0

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

    Member 5k

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Some KVM switches are powered from the keyboard, some from the mouse. I dare say some are even powered from the mains, if you want to look flash :tazz:

You might want to consider only using one monitor though for both systems, considering how in most situations you can only use one at a time...
  • 0

Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP