Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Recommendations?

• Please log in to reply

Whitters

Whitters

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I hope that this is the right forum to post this in, if it isn't - sorry.

I'm looking for some recommendations of specs and/or companies to look for a laptop. Currently, I own a K-Series Sony Vaio Laptop (which was recently refurbished due to overheating) and a brand new Dell XPS 400 desktop, but I'm looking for another laptop to use at college, my Sony is just too big, and dies too quickly.

I'm looking for a laptop that would be used soley to do class work on (take notes, write papers, research, etc). It wouldn't have any games/or heavy software installed (other than office). I'd like it to be small (Pref 13" or small display, though 14" is okay).

I'm just really not sure what specs I shoud be looking for. I don't want to end up paying $1000 for a laptop that's not even going to be used for much.

Thanks if anybody can give me some suggestions,
Whitters

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well with those needs pretty much anything as long as its the size you need, it doesnt have to be powerful for waht you want, alot of the VAIOs are excellent for what you want as they make them very small and have good screens as well, and sony are the kings of battery life.

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Yeah i totally agree with warriorscott