Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

More Winfix Issues

• Please log in to reply

Tim Masopust

Tim Masopust

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey all,

Been reading through the forum posts on how to remove Winfix.

Havent been able to find an answer that is specific to the problem that I have here.

I deleted Winfixer, which came in through WhenUsave which adaware scanned and deleted, but it has stuck around and been creating lovely files for me

When I try to enter a address in the address bar, I get as far as entering the first letter, and it creates a file on the desktop called wjd.winfixer. I tried googling this filename, but couldnt find anything on this.

Have gone into regedit, and found in the HKCU Microsoft, under Search Assistant in 5603 and 5604 a reference to the dll file which is mentioned in other posts, namely khhih.dll, and a key for this file as well (wjd.winfixer)

I have deleted these, but they keep on coming back. I tried searching in system32 directory for the dll files mentioned in other posts, but they dont seem to be there.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to look over my logs and hopefully help me get rid of this friendly lil program

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Joeturf

Joeturf

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
If you suspect it's a Malware/Spyware problem. You should post it in the

Malware Removal Forum

with your HJT Log, they will help you thoroughly there.