Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with burning program

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

polling

polling

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I just recently downloaded DIVX Player 6.1. I was astonished to see how fast it burned a movie to a DVD but to my surprise it wouldn't play on my regular DVD Player can anyone help me?

Is there a program or free download that can burn files to a DVD that can be played on a regular DVD Player i have a DVD Player that plays CD CD-R DVD DVD-RW etc................ thanx in advance :tazz:

Edited by polling, 13 February 2006 - 02:03 AM.

Advertisements

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
What kind of movie is it, and by what method was it originally transfered to your harddrive.

We may have some codec issues here.

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
it's a WMV File and it was via P2P

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
I'm sorry

Its the policy of this site to not offer any help with any issue resulting in the use of P2P programmes.

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
okay thanks anyway

todwin

todwin

• Pip
  • 4 posts
divx uses their own codec which i believe is a variation of mpeg4. format on dvd has to be mpeg2 to play. if the divx burner has an option to burn in mpg2 format, try that.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you got the movies off of a p2p program..i doubt they were home movies and thus...pirated...

so you've got a two fold issue

We here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to P2P file sharing programs. While many of these programs are-in-and of themselve legal, most things aquired by their use are not. Instead of attempting to differentiate between the legal use of P2P programs and the illegal use thereof, we have decided to stop helping with issues regarding this software. It is also in your best interest to know that many P2P software packages come bundled with spyware/malware/virii and that their use greatly increases the chances of your computer becoming infected. I strongly suggest that you uninstall these programs and refrain from using them at all costs.

We here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to copied, pirated, or in any other way, stolen programs. It is a direct violation of our TOS (Terms Of Service) to offer any assistance in this matter.

If you have any issues with this policy please PM a Moderator or Admin