Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MAC FILTER BLOCKS WIRELESS PRINT SERVER

• Please log in to reply

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
hi i have a srx200 wrt54x2 linksys router. I am trying to connect to a linksys WPS54G wireless print server onto my network. However the print server keeps failing to connect.

i have a mac filter enabled, and i am thinking that that is what is keeping the print server from connecting to my router (although im not entirely sure). However, there is no mac address to be found on the print server so i cant add it to my filter list.

can anyone help me connect the print server without disabling my mac filter or add the print server to the nonrestricted list so it can connect to my router?

please help if you can. i'd greatly appreciate it.
Kalian

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
does your print server have instructions on how to print a network setup page? usually there is a combination of buttons or steps you have to do to get it to print one out on the attatched printer...it has to have a mac adress...it's just a matter of finding it...