Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

machine_check_exception!

• Please log in to reply

problumchild

problumchild

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hey guys,

really screwed on this one, my computer installs windows fine and runs ok, but when i start up it can take anywhere from 3 - 10 resets for my comp to load without getting a blue screen saying machine_check_exception during start up when windows begins to load. its really annoying and im worried about data integrity. from what i believe, i think it is my graphics card freezing for some reason, but i have both an asus mobo and graphics card so i don't know why there would be any compatablity issues.

my specs are:
asus A8n-sli
asus en7800gtx
1 gb of ram
700gb of hard drive space,
cupla dvd burners
thermaltake kandalf case

im p worried and any advice would be extremly helpful!

thanks alot,

adam :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Start it in safe mode to eliminate the graphics card

Depending how much data you have, consider backing it up then wiping the drive with the hard drive manufacturer's utility using its full option, (8 hours approx) then installing XP

problumchild

problumchild

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
see i tried that, but same crap keeps happening,

and even in safe mode it can take 3 tries to load up without the same blue screen, so what can i do?!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you say installs fine, have you just done an install and do not have much data to back up