Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Korean (unknown) keyboard driver

• Please log in to reply

imneal

imneal

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello all,
I installed a USB Korean keyboard, and Windows doesn't recognize the driver. The keyboard works fine, but everytime I start up Windows I get the install new hardware wizard pop up. It can't find the keyboard driver and says that the device is not configured properly. The keyboard shows up fine in the device manager. It's just really annoying to have the wizard pop up automatically everytime I start the computer. Is there a way to stop this?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
There is a checkbox in the found hardware wizard in which you can set WIndows not to search for this hardware again...cannot recall if it is on the first page or last page of the wizard

imneal

imneal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I know about the checkbox. That's what's funny about it. I check the box to stop searching for the item, and it pops back up everytime I reboot....