Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

LG DL supermulti

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
ok here it goes....I might need to aquire more info about my dvd burner but here it goes: I have an LG DL supermulti dvd/cd writer and I was wondering something. I've had this drive for about a year or two and pretty much about a month or two after I got it, the darn thing would not read or write CD-R/RW's. Is this a firmware problem or is it a hardware issue? Oh and by the way, I have used many brands of CD-R/RW's and this did not solve the problem

Edited by stressed76, 13 February 2006 - 11:34 AM.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
hardware...a dvd/cd combo actually has two lasers for reading the different media.

It sounds like the second laster for CDs died.