Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help w/ Norton Antivirus 2005

• Please log in to reply

pardo

pardo

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
in my control panel under remove programs i see both a Norton Antivirus 2005 (Symantec Corporation) and Norton WMI Update. I tried to uninstall these cuz the program is messed up. They refuse to uninstall, and when I try to install the program and click Install Norton but my mouse goes to a hour glass for about 5 seconds and then nothing happens. I can click everything else and it opens, but the install option does not work. My friend had the same cd and it worked when he clicked install but not here. This also happend a while back when I tried to install a computer game. Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Hi pardo,

You may have to completly uninstall Norton's and then try to re-install the application. This can only work if you have a valid licence for the application, which I sincerely hope that you have.

Take a look at this link for help on how to remove Norton's.

HTH
Octagonal