Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microsoft outlook

• Please log in to reply

philroswit

philroswit

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I turned on my computer to check e-mail and outlook would not start. It started into an installation program. I let it go and it told me this application was on a disc. I have no disc for this program. It was on the computer when I got it.
I cancelled out the program and it told me that it could not access the program because it was missing the file "omint.dll".
I checked and sure enough it is gone. I went to a site that had it and downloaded it into outlook folder and tried again. Same problem. I copied it into its own folder in program files and this didn't work either. Any sugesstions for what to do to get this to work?

I ran Adaware, Ewido, spybot and spyware blaster just before this problem-I think one of them might have removed it without me knowing it.

Thank You, Philroswit

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
moving this to the office forum

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Hi philroswit, Welcome to GTG !!

Maybe this will help :

MS Knowledge Base

philroswit

philroswit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Dear Linkmaster:

The website did not help. I downloaded the updates and it did not help. I have the dll file both in outlook and inits own folder, my computer just won't accdess it to run Outlook. Any suggestions?