Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need some Anti-virus advice

• Please log in to reply

Onestep

Onestep

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
At present I am using AVG anti-virus and was looking at PC World's reviews and ratings of anti-virus and AVG came in last with bad reviews. My question is I have been having problems with AVG lately and would like to change. Can someone please give me some advice on which one to get please? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks and God bless.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if any of these have a better rating, you can download one then disable the existing one from running at start up to see if the new one is an improvement, if not, try another one.

http://www.filehippo...ware/antivirus/

Importantly, set a restore point before downloading a new one, and make sure only one is set to run. Some anti virus programmes are reluctant to uninstall so best to leave the existing one to check it is the problem first

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
I fond of Avast antivirus now, its home version is free; have used DrWeb formerly it is quite good too.

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=97680