Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My video card

• Please log in to reply

L4wless

L4wless

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Okay about a month ago i bought a 6600 overclocked card wich i thought was a 6600GT overclocked and i was exited cuz i payed 179 bucks for it but come to find out about 3 days ago it was a regular 6600 wich i dident evan know they made...so im trying to think of a way to get my money back on this video card and get the video card i wanted in the first place FOR THE SAME PRICE! and im pretty mad i payed 179.99 plus tax for a much less video card. any suggjestions?

Advertisements

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
So you thought you were ripping someone off by paying much less than the card was worth now you upset because you paid a (I assume) fair price?

Unless you were TOLD it was a GT you don't have a leg to stand on legally. And good luck trying to prove you were told it was.

In other words its doubtful anyone or any shop would return a card a month later.

L4wless

L4wless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok obviouse u know nothing. and a 6600 none gt i can get for a 100 bucks. and a 6600GT 256mb for 179 so there for i thought it was a 6600GT like the one i saw on new egg BUT it was my fault i got a 6600 gt i should have read wut it said but i also told the guy i wanted a 6600GT and he told me that this was it so hes a idiot i guess. and as for you i asked for help not someone that is going to be a rude [bleep] to me on the internet.

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
And as for me, despite your tantrum, I have helped, you will see I have answered your question.

no one will accept a return of used goods a month after they were purchased, unless the goods are faulty. And you can be sure anything faulty will be tested to see how they became faulty.

L4wless

L4wless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok actually u dident help beacuse i know this im asking wut is the best way to get my money back like ebay or something like that...

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
You would be lucky to get half unless you lied about what you were selling.

While there is a strong market for 2nd hand PC products the prices are fairly low, I am sure you will be disappointed in the outcome if you did that.

Put a reserve on it if you auction it, you might hit it if your lucky and don't ask for too much but at least you won't be forced to sell at a lower price than you can accept.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You are in a bad situation unless it specifically says this is what this is then you are pretty much naffed, all the 6600s are a complete rip off anyways. He also wasnt rude he told you the truth you obviously dont like it and instead you though you would be rude instead.

Ebay can sell it and you wont get half of what you paid if its a regular 6600, so im afraid youll most likely have to chalk this one up to experience.

L4wless

L4wless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
L4wlesse's help meters

geekstogo.com: (|| )

A guy on the street: (|||||||||||||||||||||| )

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
So go talk to the guy then.

L4wless

L4wless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
.... do you not read the meter?

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Your under the mistaken impression I care about your meter.

L4wless

L4wless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
well you keep posting so... yea. *pointed out the obviouse*