Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

google history

• Please log in to reply

jhamby

jhamby

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Is there a way I can deleteall of my google search history? Every time I even click in the search box a list of everything that has ever been searched for comes down. Thanks!

Advertisements

dan_d

dan_d

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
high light which ever u want to delete then press the delete key next to ur end key...that should get rid of it....if u give me ur browser type maybe i can help more....

ash1989

ash1989

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
i think ig you go

tools > internet options

u can get rid of if from there. delete cookies, clear history and delete files (and the offline content).

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
in the internet explorer window click ->tools->internet options->delete cookies and files. when it asks to remove offline content click yes.
thanx
James

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
james thing will get rid of all of the temp files:
tools>internet options>general>under tempory internet files>settings>settings>view files> delete anything in there dont you recongnize, remember that not all temp files are bad, these include favorites, and saved passwords.

ash1989

ash1989

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
The only other thing i could suggest is run a quick adaware scan, and then check the 'MRU lists' box. i know that removes what documents you have opened, but i dont know if it does the same for internet explorer searches.

Zoey Z

Zoey Z

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Also try - Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete > Clear Forms

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

zoey i belive a temp file clear whould get those aswell :tazz:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

james thing will get rid of all of the temp files:
tools>internet options>general>under tempory internet files>settings>settings>view files> delete anything in there dont you recongnize, remember that not all temp files are bad, these include favorites, and saved passwords.

I understand that it removes everything in there, however there is no way to determine what is safe and what isn't under cookies and files. Besides it's much faster and better to clean 'em all up every now and then.
James

Edited by james_8970, 25 February 2006 - 03:37 PM.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

I understand that it removes everything in there, however there is no way to determine what is safe and what isn't under cookies and files. Besides it's much faster and better to clean 'em all up every now and then.
James

yeh i know, but sometimes clearing all of the users internet files can surprise/annoy them. i belive johanna asked my to use a more selective approach instead of clearing all temps. its up to user though, not us. :tazz:

jrom727

jrom727

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

zoey i belive a temp file clear whould get those aswell :tazz:

It will only clear it, but in the future, it will certainly come up again..

jhamby,
You have to disable Auto-Complete (forms) if you want to get rid of the keywords/forms on search box and such others.

Internet Explorer
Tools
Internet Options
Content Tab
At the bottom part, click on the Auto Complete button
Uncheck Forms
OK, Apply, OK

I am assuming your using IE 6 SP2

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
jrom727 & Zoey Z have explained how to clear auto complete and prevent it from storing the drop downs again.

Johanna

Optikal

Optikal

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I use a free prog(I'm sure there are many) SrubXP , it clears all temp files for the user logged in(plus much more, via a double click on a system tray icon. Truely an excellent time saver, i like to keep everything clean so manually clearing temp files and so forth would take an awefull lot of clicks...

Hope i didn't break any rules posting that link, im sure an admin will remove it if needed :tazz: