Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help

• Please log in to reply

Newy

Newy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi again, I tried opening up the laptop however I didnt get very far - like you said there was always something stopping me opening it fully. I have tried turning it on again and also plugging the power cable into it, I have noticed now that the power light on the power adapter flickers when I plug it into the back of the laptop and also and I can smell a really strange smell once I have plugged it into the laptop. I really hope I dont sound to mad, and I hope this new info can give you some more insight to my problem. Thanks alot

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
funky smells are never good...and alwas mean bad things (when did my computer eat chilli? it's got gas) you may need to take this thing into a shop. your current issues do not lend themselves to being solved here

Newy

Newy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi thanks for your help, do you have any idea how much it might cost me to have it fixed or even have someone take a look at it?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
not really as i'm not familiar with your location..but most places run anywhere from 60 to 100 bucks just to look

Newy

Newy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for letting me know, it looks as if the laptop will have to wait a while before I can get it fixed by someone unless I can do it myself - bills to pay unfortunately.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i feel your pain