Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Delete pics.

• Please log in to reply

Tools

Tools

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Have XP Pro, ie6,in control panel,display then desktop,theres a list of pics for desktop background,i have added some pics of my own, no problem BUT there is approx 10 other pics that has put themselves into this list,they came from photoshop that I have taken with a digital camera but I did not put them into this list,I dont know how they got there,no one else put them there either,Im the only one with access to this computer,Question is, I cant find any way to delete these out of this list,if i right click on them, all it says is Whats This. Any ideas how to delete them.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
move them out of the My Pictures folder, and perhaps out of MY DOCUMENTS..

Tools

Tools

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

move them out of the My Pictures folder, and perhaps out of MY DOCUMENTS..

Moved them out of My Documents and lo and behold they disapeared out of the list, A BIG thank you!!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
This is a dumb behavior of Windows, but there is no way around it--by default, it looks in My Pictures and makes these photos available as a wallpapers--even placing them in subfolders will not stop it