Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Make trial version go to full version Office SBE2003

• Please log in to reply

Rifleswife

Rifleswife

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
O.K. so I'm a student and got a computer through one of those rent-to-own places. It seems to have a trail version of Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 already installed. I have 50 uses of this program and then it turns to reduced functionality mode. How do I make this become a full-version? I have yet to see/find an activation wizard.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
you will have to purchase the full version to make it not a trial version...you should check out your UNI's bookstore they may have an education version that would cost less than the regular version

Rifleswife

Rifleswife

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok...but the disks and case I have for this program do not say trial version anywhere on it. it just says that I need to activate this within 50 uses to make it become the full version. Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling it myself?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
ah..that makes sense...open up word...go to help...then activate product

Rifleswife

Rifleswife

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I found that and it told me it is already activated...but I still get a request to 'agree' to the User End Licensing....thing. Is this supposed to happen?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
do you get that request EVERY time you open an office program?

Rifleswife

Rifleswife

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
well, it did the first handful of times, but the last two times i just tried it (after reading your last post) it no longer does it! I guess I should say thank you for being patient with me :tazz: