Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't get to Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply

Toller

Toller

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi All,

When I try to boot into safe mode using F8, I get a three choice screen which says Select First Boot Device and gives me Hard Drive, CD-Rom, or Floppy for choices. I choose hard drive and it just boots up normally. Any suggestions how I can get to safe mode?

Advertisements

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi,

Might want to check out this site. Also, would you happen to have something in the CD drive? If so, remove it.

How to boot into Safe Mode

B

kel

kel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Toller,

I've having the exact same problem! I thought I was the only one and have not been able to find no help for any of the forums, Microsoft, or other sites. I'm going to try a few more things today and if I find out, I'll come back and post here. Will you do the same?

Thanks!

Toller

Toller

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
This is really wierd. I tried to come back to my post to thank"besttechie" for the response, because it worked, but I couldn't find the message again. I did a site search for "Toller" and found my two other posts, but not this one. Oh well, I'm here now, and THANKS BESTTECHIE!.

Kel, you should go to that link and see if it works for you.

kel

kel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Toller,

Glad it worked for you. I did go to the link, but my problem is I can't get into my computer because of a dispaly problem, so I can't get to the start menu. :tazz: I want to start it in safe mode so that the windows will revert back to standard resolution.

Oh well, I'll keep looking.

Thanks!
Kim

Toller

Toller

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
You should post your exact problem in a new topic. I'm sure one of these fine folks will work though it with you, just like they did with me. I had a serious spyware/trojan infection problem and it took a couple of weeks of back and forth posts, but I'm "clean" now. (Thanks again Thatman!)

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Kim,
If you would like help with your problem, please start your own topic in the appropriate forum and someone will be able to help you :tazz:

kel

kel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm going to try a couple more things tonight when I get home and if I'm still having problems, I'll start a new thread tomorrow. :tazz: Thanks!