Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Password Recovery

• Please log in to reply

dnrflorence

dnrflorence

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
A man I work with was recently given a computer that had sat in a closet for some time by his daughter in law. When he went to use it and found that he needed a password to log on. He says that the computer is using the 2000 OS. Does anybody have any password recovery software or know where I can download some free version to help him out? I tried to explain the alternative (partition, set up second OS, etc, etc,) but he was totally lost! I thought it would be much easier for him to recover the password if he could. I told him to reformat but he doesn't seem to want to do that?! I am not a hacker but I know that they make a software that will recover passwords. Can anybody help?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You might try this.

http://www.loginreco....com/index.html

SRX660

dnrflorence

dnrflorence

• Topic Starter