Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

language bar grayed out

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sunny_5000

sunny_5000

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I cannot access the language bar. I saw one of your posts and tried everything in the post and still to no avail. I had malaware or something like that in my computer and it must have deleted something. I don`t know if this has anything to do with it but I deleted some malaware from ctfmon.exe. I have sfc /scannow from XP install disk on the 'run' and that did not help and was told that I could repair installation. I figure I may as well re-install windows if it comes to that but would really like to avoid it. I can see MSCTF.dll in system 32 and assume that it is working properly. Does anyone have any ideas?

Advertisements

sunny_5000

sunny_5000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My language bar came back. The only thing that I can think that must have done it is that I followed one of your posts on the subject and I must not have rebooted when I did something that helped. I am thanking you because I did find the answer on your site.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
congratulations for figuring it out...sorry we couldn't help fast enough...or at all hehehe...

since this topic seems to be done..i'm gonna close it...if you want it reopened please pm a moderator