Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

yyy65 pop ups

• Please log in to reply

sue27828

sue27828

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have annoying pop ups that all end with yyy65. I have tried several different removal tools and programs to find out the culprit but nothing. I have found when doing a search for yyy65 that it shows the files but in no folders. There are 12 entries like that and won't remove when I try to delete them. Any ideas? You are my last hope as this is a 3 week old computer and have no probs till they started. Thanx.....Wanda

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

sue27828

sue27828

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have gotten to the adaware part. it says:
4. If you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow these download and setup instructions, otherwise, check for updates:
Ad-Aware SE Setup
Don't run it yet!

As in don't scan it yet? It says to check for updates then it says don't run it yet....um?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Check for updates and apply the tweaks and settings it asks for and then run it. :tazz:

sue27828

sue27828

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have run everything and posted my reports on the malware forum and so far (knocks on wood) I have seen no pop ups for about 10 mins. Thanks so much to you and to Keith for helping.
Sue

:tazz: