Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Delete Partition?

• Please log in to reply

callaghanj

callaghanj

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All,

I'm new here. Running a Dell Inspiron 9100. Back in September I had to reformat my computer. I backed up most of my files, and used the Dell Tech Support to walk me through the process (quite an expensive process, btw)

As I was ripping my music from my iPod, I got an Error warning saying that I was low on disk space. This surprised me since I had just reformatted. Today, I got a warning saying that I had less than 200 MB of disk space left.

I thought I had wiped the computer clean, but apparently that other identity still exisists (In my Program Files folder it has files from before the reformat.)

:tazz:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry if this isn't too clear.

Thanks

Advertisements

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
A format should have entirely wiped every last trace of data on your harddrive... Are you absolutely sure that it was a format, or perhaps a windows REPAIR instead?

callaghanj

callaghanj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm entirely positive it was a reformat. That's why the existence of the other files is so confusing to me.

For example: After I reformated, I never re-installed The Sims 2.
Today I had to uninstall The Sims 2.

Thoughts?

RNB

RNB

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
HI,
I have a couple of questions please be patient.. :tazz:

-Did you repartition you hard disk while formatting or formated c: only?
-what is your HD size & what is the total size of c:?
-how did you format your computer?