Thanks for your reply Spacecowboy
Both notebooks are about the same.
1. Both are running Win XP Home with SP2
2. The modem is a Dlink DSL-302g. It is setup with Optus ( a phone company) and I looked up how to connect it with my router here
3. I am not sure. The modem is setup with PPPoE. However in the router I had to set it up to receive the modem as a Static IP as stated in the instructions (link above)
4. The wireless router is a Dlink DI-524. It also has 4 Ethernet sockets
5. I can use the WZC. But I setup most things using the Toshiba Wireless Setup program called Config Free.
6. The standard one that is built into the Toshiba Notebooks
7. I have used the same settings as the GOOD computer.
What I mean when I say the 'internet drops out": I will be surfing happily on a page and suddenly click a link which will take me to 'page not found'. Then I will wait for 30 seconds and a little pop-up (next to the clock) will say IP address found. I can then continue surfing until this happens again.
Also, there are other wireless network in my area. The Toshiba Wireless Program picks them up in its radar. The other networks are on different channels and the GOOD notebook also picks them up.
Edited by Trish, 16 February 2006 - 12:06 AM.