Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox Questions

• Please log in to reply

buknekkid407

buknekkid407

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hey i recently switched over to firefox and its great. I would recommend it to anyone, but i was wondering if there are more options other than what is on the mozilla website for extensions, ex. auto fill for something like hotmail, because firefox does not seem to remember the login information, like ie does. (only way ie is better than FF) Anyway just wondering :tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. Firefox will remember passwords. You need to go to tools, options, privacy, and check "remember passwords"

buknekkid407

buknekkid407

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Okay thanx :tazz:

_$LIM_

_$LIM_

• Pip
  • 5 posts
It actually remembers passwords a lot better then IE, half the time IE doesn't even ask me to save passwords, only on certain sites, but firefox always asks and even when the password is changed. Plus you can view your passwords in plain text, after you enter your firefox password. Which I find very useful.

StudentBusiness12

StudentBusiness12

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Be sure to uncheck the remember password option when your entering them to important things, paypal for example.

Edited by StudentBusiness12, 17 February 2006 - 01:08 PM.

Dillan

Dillan

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I don't know if there is any other place to get extentions for Firefox, other than the Mozilla site, but you should definatly do a little research and look around throguh the lists of the extentions. Some of them are really neat and handy.