Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSNAPPAU.EXE file is linked to missing export ADVAPI32.DLL

• Please log in to reply

Oshunbreaz

Oshunbreaz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I keep getting the following error message: " The MSNAPPAU.EXE file is linked to missing export ADVAPI32.DLL ConvertStringSecurityDesciptorToSecurityDesciptorW." I looked for the file and couldn't find it, so googled it and found a place to d/l it. I did so and thought i put it where it was supposed to go (Windows\System), but that hasn't corrected the problem. I am still getting that message. Can anyone help with this?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check for a newer version of MSN Messenger and include the toolbar if you previously did

Otherwise, uninstall then re-install it

Oshunbreaz

Oshunbreaz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Check for a newer version of MSN Messenger and include the toolbar if you previously did

Otherwise, uninstall then re-install it

Since I don't use MSN Messenger, I simply deleted it using Norton Clean Sweep, but I am still getting the same message. Any other ideas? :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you use search to look for the files using my computer as the location

You may need to re-install MSN Messenger, including the toolbat then use add and remove to uninstall it