Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

asus n6200

• Please log in to reply

jimfu2

jimfu2

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi
I recently purchased an asus n6200 graphics card. I installed the card and everything seemed to be working fine until I adjusted the screen resolution. After readjusting the resolution some of my desktop icons have gone blury and the start menu looks funny. I went back to where I purchased it from and the guy at the shop told me to uninstall my old windows graphic driver. The problem is I am not to sure how to do this. Can someone help me please?
I am running winxp pro!
Thanks
Jim

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Did you replace another video card with this video card? If so go and look in add/remove programs and delete the old drivers. It might be windows only sees the first device in device manager. See if you still have the old video card in device manager and delete it if it is there. Make sure it does show the 6200 card in device manager. If it is not there reload the drivers for the 6200 card before rebooting the computer.

If you had onboard video you needed to disable the onboard in the BIOS before running the nvidia card.

SRX660

jimfu2

jimfu2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi srx660
Thanks for your reply. I have worked out what was wrong and have sorted it out thanks mate. There were old drivers in the system from the on board graphics. When I installed my old graphics card these drivers did not cause me any trouble. I had to use the driver disk that come with the mother board to uninstall them.
Thanks anyway
Jim :tazz: